Frequently Asked General Questions (FAQ)
1. WHAT IS A SELF-PACED MOOC?
An instructor-paced MOOC is a Massive Online Open Course, which is characterized by having content that unlocks weekly. The entire content will be visible after a period that ranges between 4 and 7 weeks, that is, the exact amount of time that takes to complete the course.
This is very different from courses that have a self-paced modality, whose content is available completely from the beginning and during a period that fluctuates between 3 and 9 months.
In an instructor-paced MOOC, it is recommended that participants register before the course begins, as it is designed for participants to move forward as content is unlocked.
2. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TAKING THE COURSE IN THE AUDIT MODE VERSUS THE VERIFIED MODE?
- Audit track: This option allows you to access the course materials for a limited time, free of charge. However, you will not be able to complete the evaluated activities or obtain a certificate at the end of the course.
- Verified track: You will have unlimited access to all the course contents, including the evaluated activities. In addition, you will be eligible to obtain a verified certificate.
3. HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THE COURSE?
If you registered under the "verified" mode, you will have access indefinitely. Even after the course ends, you can still access the platform and review the study materials.
If you registered under the "audit" mode, keep in mind that the expected duration of the course will be used for courses taught as self-paced. For example, if the course is open for 6 weeks, but the estimated duration to see all the content is 5 weeks, then you will have 5 weeks of access from your registration date.
Throughout the course, you will be informed of when your access expires. Take the opportunity to review or download the materials of your interest before that day.
4. IF I INITIALLY CHOSE TO ‘AUDIT’ THE COURSE, CAN I UPGRADE IT TO ‘VERIFIED’ AFTERWARDS?
Yes, you have until October 8, 2019 at 6:30 pm, Washington D.C. time (October 8, 2019, 11:59 pm UTC time) to make the change.
5. HOW DO I GET A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION?
Accessing the course training contents is totally free. However, in order to obtain a certificate of completion, you must be registered under the "verified" track and comply with the following requirements:
- Achieve a final grade of 65% or more.
- Pay the corresponding fee for each course.
- Perform the edX identity verification process correctly, following the instructions in this guide.
6. WHEN AND WHERE WILL MY CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION BE AVAILABLE?
If you achieved the minimum required score (65/100 points), paid the course fee and completed the identity verification process, you can download your certificate from your edX account ("Dashboard" section) immediately. Keep in mind that no certificate of any kind will be sent to your home or email.
7. WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE COURSEWORK?
If you registered in the "verified certificate" mode, you must complete the activities and answer the questionnaires no later than October 18, 2019 at 11:59 pm, Washington D.C. time (October 19, 2019, 03:59 am UTC); the date the course will end.
8. CAN I CHANGE MY ANSWER TO A QUESTION FROM THE QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER SUBMITTING IT?
You have two opportunities to answer the questions on the evaluation questionnaires.
9. IN SOME COURSES, WHY DOES AN IMAGE OF A PEN AND NOTEBOOK APPEAR NEAR THE TOPICS MENU ON THE LEFT COLUMN OF THE SCREEN?
It means that this subsection contains at least one evaluation. You may answer all the questions in the course until October 18, 2019 at 11:59 pm, Washington D.C. time (October 19, 2019, 03:59 am UTC); the date the course will end.
10.WILL I GET A REFUND IF I CHANGE MY MIND AFTER PAYING FOR A VERIFIED CERTIFICATE?
To ask for a refund, you must write directly to email@example.com explaining your case. Do not forget to include the payment reference number (order number) and please do not provide information about the card used for the transaction.