The Leaders of Learning discussion forum is a unique opportunity to engage with learners from all over the world. Our community is diverse in experience, knowledge, language, and culture. This provides us with an incredible resource of viewpoints, and we want to make sure the discussions are meaningful and fun! Please consider the following when you post:
- Have faith that course participants are acting with best intentions. We’re all here to learn!
- Posts should be written in your own words. If you include a quote or reference, when possible also provide a citation (book, URL, etc).
- Participate! You will get out of the discussions what you put into them.
- Before posting, search the Discussion for similar questions or comments. You can always respond and/or click on the green plus button to upvote a post.
- If you disagree with a post, respond using evidence and reasoning instead of personal attacks.
- Before posting a comment, consider: would you say it to someone’s face? If no, we encourage that you revise it.
- Use correct grammar and spell-check your posts. Also, please do not use ALL CAPS.
- Avoid slang and abbreviations, as these vary across cultures.
- Please limit your posts/responses to 200 words or less (by request of EdX).
- Use the search and engagement tools (upvote, follow for updates, flag for misuse) on the Discussion Home to find and contribute to the conversations.
- A blue star on a post means a member of the course staff has endorsed it.
- If you see an inappropriate post, flag it instead of adding your own commentary.
For more information on discussion forums, check out this blog post.