In this course you will learn to:
The course is set up over five weeks. Each week, a new section will be released on Mondays 08:00 UTC. You can watch the videos at any time, and the assignments can be submitted until January 23 at 08:00 UTC.
The release dates:
- Week 0 - Welcome and introduction: March 1, 2018 at 08:00 UTC
- Week 1 - Vehicles and powertrains: March 1, 2018 at 08:00 UTC
- Week 2 - Combustion engine powertrains: March 8, 2018 at 08:00 UTC
- Week 3 - Driving cycles and fuel consumption: March 15, 2018 at 08:00 UTC
- Week 4 - Electric powertrains: March 22, 2018 at 08:00 UTC
- Week 5 - Final exam and summary: March 22, 2018 at 08:00 UTC
ASSIGNMENTS AND GRADING POLICY
This course is organized around four key themes as indicated by the section titles above.
Each week a graded assignment is released. The assignments should preferably be submitted following the pace of the course, but they are open until the course ends. We will use different types of assignments that we hope you will be familiar with pretty soon. This includes quizzes and calculation exercises. The assignments together contribute 50% to the total grade.
There is also a final exam that covers all key themes. It will be released with the week 4 content and it also has to be submitted by the end of the course. The final exam contributes 50% to the final grade.
To receive a verified certificate you will have to receive at least 60% of the total available points.
EdX will issue the certificate under the name of Chalmers and you will be able to download it via your student dashboard 48 hours after the end of the course.
This course addresses students/professionals with at bachelors degree in mechanics or equivalent.
You will find the forum guidelines here.